Saturday, July 26, 2008

Yes, my car is now an award winning car!

I am very proud to say that my car has won it's first car show. Before I get to excited let me first say that I love the idea of having something to show for your work however, working on a car to show is more than trophies and monetary awards. I do really love something else it gives. I love it when a person sticks their head in the window looks around and comes back out with a giant smile on their face. It creates a whole array of memories , that flash back of a time of joy or a memory of a first date or even a first time getting to drive alone. I feel responsible for that lash back by providing the transportation. Now about the award. My Karmann Ghia won 2nd place for best import and I am very proud because this was my first competitive event with the car and I was completely taken by surprise. There were many cars there and all were fantastic cars. I HAD A BALL!!!!!! Below are pics of the car and trophy. Winning is not everything but it does feel good when it happens remember this comes from the heart not the pen.





















No comments: